In order to run a successful business, you rely on the talents of your employees. What happens when an employee, former employees, or potential employee sues you over an employment-related issue.
Employment Practices Liability Insurance can help your company avoid court cost and settlements that can come with these claims.
What is Employment Practices Liability Insurance
Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) protects your company from the high cost of defending yourself against suits due to discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, and other devastating charges.
EPLI can cover your business from the cost of legal defense, settlements, and other court fees when you are sued for violating someone’s civil rights or failing to provide a fair, acceptable environment for them to complete their work.
EPLI Can Cover Your Business If:
- Mismanagement of employee benefits
- Wrongful termination of employment or implied contract
- Wrongful discipline or demotion
- Sexual harassment
- Damage to an employee’s reputation due to slander
- Discrimination based on age, gender, religion, race, or other factors
- Breach of employment contract
- Invasion of employees or prospective employee’s privacy
- Cause emotional or mental distress
- Negligent hiring, promotions, or compensation decisions